Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back again...

I have been sorely remiss in blogging. It has been not for opportunity, or occasion, or theme…I have had all of those. But mainly one of procrastination. I would like to leave this blog as memoir to my children, the most valuable possession I have ever had, and the greatest responsibility given to me to upkeep. Looking back, I find the greatest joy in them, and their accomplishments. Having seen them grow up to be responsible young man and women, and watching them grow. Their childhood seems so long ago, and yet, at times it feels like it was just yesterday. Memories can leave an indelible print in your soul. My son is now with us, and cooking for him once again has been a true joy in my life. His girlfriend's dog gives an added dimension to the pack; his boyish impatience and exuberance is both refreshing and uplifting. If there is reincarnation, I'd like to come back as him. He has so much energy! They say the eyes are the window to the soul, and his soul is so profound. Dogs, I've read, are the only animals that pick up on a human's nonverbal communication and language. They know when you are mad, sad, happy, or reflecting. Although my daily routine is a whirlwind, I still find the time to play with him and enjoy his company.
School has been another joy in life. A person must find things to be grateful for, and they do not necessarily have to be money or power, or recognition. Feeling productive, having the blessing of another day of life, or just being in the moment should suffice. Life is what you make of it, your destiny is not fully written; there are blank spaces that you control and you must fill in.
Whenever you have a chance, check out the Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin. It is a worthwhile effort by a real human being with love of life. Remember what John Lennon said, "life is what happens when you are making other plans". So start enjoying the precious moments before you, cast away the negatives and set sail for the horizon. Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment